Speaking as a former Hillary supporter, here are my thoughts after watching most of it. The most striking thing about it was that the guy in the grey shirt in the front row looked like he was an audience member in an infomercial.
I think it's not surprising that moderate types aren't thrilled about a conservative candidate the same way that conservatives are.
I encourage all liberals to continue to listen to the media's analysis of Gov Palin (and John McCain!). These guys clearly know what they're talking about, and their analyses are shockingly prescient. Just ask President Kerry.
This focus group doesn't worry me at all. I think what's more interesting than a semi-random sample of people watching campaign speeches is the surge of people looking to donate time and money to the campaign who were previously apathetic. I don't think any candidate can win without support from his base, and this move really did a lot to close the enthusiasm gap.
And if experience plays any part of people's decisions, then the Republican ticket has to come out the winner (at least if people are honest with themselves). There is no pick that would have made 100% of people happy. She definitely has some work ahead of her in the campaign, but I'd be willing to put money on a relatively untested candidate like her, with her record and background, against the unscripted gaffe machine that is Joe Biden.
Finally, Brian's use of "McCainiacs" proves his love for Obiden.
1 comment:
Speaking as a former Hillary supporter, here are my thoughts after watching most of it. The most striking thing about it was that the guy in the grey shirt in the front row looked like he was an audience member in an infomercial.
I think it's not surprising that moderate types aren't thrilled about a conservative candidate the same way that conservatives are.
I encourage all liberals to continue to listen to the media's analysis of Gov Palin (and John McCain!). These guys clearly know what they're talking about, and their analyses are shockingly prescient. Just ask President Kerry.
This focus group doesn't worry me at all. I think what's more interesting than a semi-random sample of people watching campaign speeches is the surge of people looking to donate time and money to the campaign who were previously apathetic. I don't think any candidate can win without support from his base, and this move really did a lot to close the enthusiasm gap.
And if experience plays any part of people's decisions, then the Republican ticket has to come out the winner (at least if people are honest with themselves). There is no pick that would have made 100% of people happy. She definitely has some work ahead of her in the campaign, but I'd be willing to put money on a relatively untested candidate like her, with her record and background, against the unscripted gaffe machine that is Joe Biden.
Finally, Brian's use of "McCainiacs" proves his love for Obiden.
Post a Comment