...I've been trying to lay off the political posts, because the less sleep I have as my son fails to even approach sleeping through the night, and as the stress builds from trying to sell our house in the worst market in memory, and move to Virginia in 6 weeks, the more angry and strident I get.
But, I just can't pass this up.
Ever since she was chosen as the Republican VP nominee, Sarah Palin and her party colleagues have been stating over and over and over again, and with complete seriousness, that her chief foreign policy credential is that Alaska is close to Russia. And they have made the (incredibly weak, shameless, and pathetic) argument that as governor of a state near Russia, she has some foreign policy "experience by osmosis".
Except now, in an interview with Katie Couric, she first claims it again in seriousness, expands it to sharing a land boundary with Canada, but then, apparently realizing in the moment how retarded she sounds, tries to switch gears and claim that it's all a big joke, and that the argument was meant all along to mock reporters.
Only she can't even do that intelligibly, because she's an idiot. So Katie Couric has to simultaneously bail her out and humiliate her by providing the English for her to use. See the video here.
I'm SO proud of my country that one of its two major political parties, and the one that is supposed to be regarded as the "serious" party, the party to be entrusted with national security and foreign policy over the liberal, pot-smoking, incense-burning hippies of the Democratic Party, has just burned its credibility in the cauldron of Sarah Palin's ignorance and imbecility.
Oh, and seeing as I: a) was born in Alaska; b) have lived in 3 different countries; c) can speak some conversational German, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish; d) have actually BEEN to Russia and China, as well as more than 20 other countries; e) actually once had a subscription to Foreign Affairs Magazine, according to Republican Party logic, I'm something like 1000 times more qualified to be Vice President of the United States than Sarah Palin.
I await my nomination.
3 comments:
And with your time as Speaker of the GA, you have more experience than Obama too! I sense a unity ticket.
Touche.
Yeah, that's a pretty stupid argument. It's obviously just trying to put something in that box. They must have figured it out by now, and I think the only place we'll continue to hear about it will be DailyKos and on TV after 11.
It's roughly akin to touting "Community Organizer" as a candidate. I mean, it's great that he volunteered and all, but how does fixing (or failing to fix, apparently) people's toilets relate to being qualified for president?
Post a Comment