Thursday, September 04, 2008

No McCainiac He

I thought it was time for some counter-prop to the stuff we've been reading around here lately, and who better to deliver than Karl Rove. I think that neither his friends nor his enemies would ever describe him as a "McCainiac." I think they'd also all agree that he knows about winning close presidential elections.

Today he writes about why the VP pick may actually matter this year. And I think this comment may explain why Brian is so fond of Sen Biden:
In the vice-presidential debate, Democrats must be concerned about Mr. Biden appearing bombastic and condescending -- which is almost a permanent state of mind for the Delaware senator...

Not related to the Rove article, but I love her comparison of being Mayor to "community organizer," but with actual responsibilities. No wonder the Dems are so scared of her.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Right, because Karl Rove is an objective "analyst" and has no ties whatsoever to the current campaign -- except that his proteges are running it and that it is widely suspected that he quietly has a significant leadership role in it as well. Just go over to Josh's blog to see how quickly he talks out of both sides of his gelatinous, Jabba-like face. It's too bad Lee Atwater had to get karmic comeuppance all those years ago. I would gladly have reserved his cancer for Karl Rove's tongue and brain.

PS I'm not "so fond" of Biden. I just said that my initial impressions from reading his autobiography were generally favorable. There's a big difference -- the same way that there's a big difference between being deeply disappointed in the McCain campaign and being in the tank for Obama (which I'm not). You all have made that assumption just because I've been critical of the McCain campaign. The truth is (see my latest comment over on Chris' blog), I would happily vote for McCain if I believed he would be the Maverick he once was. The problem is, I don't know who the hell he is, and the last several years suggest that neither does he.