Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Need a Snowblower and Boots

We were supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow last night. We in fact got 7. This caused two problems:

1. I do not own a pair of boots. In fact, I can't remember the last time I owned a pair of boots. You could always get away with not having boots in DC. You can't really do that in Illinois, which I realized last winter, but chose to ignore. But when you have to walk a dog through 7 inches of snow, it's hard to ignore.

2. With my house, I purchased an LAD - Long Ass Driveway. I spent a significant amount of time this morning shoveling and am starting to feel it. Of course, as soon as I buy a snowblower, there will be no more snow. It's a conundrum.

That is all.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Totally recommend Bean boots. I ws just noticing yesterday that most of the moms were at the bus stop in sneakers yesterday, and I'm standing there in boots that I've had for 15 years. I had them resoled (by Bean) in college, and they're still going strong...

MrSnyder said...

Oh, yeah, total agreement on that one, from the heart of the snowbelt... I have two pairs, both at least 10 years old, and both still going strong.

And in snowblowers, you can't do much better than Murray or any of the related knockoff brands (NOMA, MTD, etc.). You can buy more expensive, but it won't work any better.

8 hp/27" cut is a nice size.