Today, I watched the Bears-Vikings game on Fox, featuring the broadcasting trio of Dick "Hair Plug " Stockton, Daryl "Moose" Johnston, and Tony "The Big Fat Stupid Idiot" Siragusa. Now, I like Stockton despite his awful hair plugs, Moose is a surprisingly good broacaster and will always have a warm spot in my heart due to his tenure as a Cowboy, but I CAN'T STAND Tony Siragusa.
Has there ever been a sideline reporter given to more idiotic utterances than Siragusa? Can Fox not see that he is an awful "reporter"? It seems that instead, they're giving himself more rope to hang himself. Today, it appeared that they gave him an open mic on the sideline. He frequently interrupted Stockton and Johnston with random utterances like, "Yeah, I'm here, I'm here" or "I'm like an icecube." He was obviously talking to other people on the sidelines, not paying attention to the fact that his mic was on. It became first distracting, then annoying, then downright painful.
Please, Fox, pull the plug on the Goose, before I'm forced to watch crappy AFC football on CBS.
1 comment:
That crappy AFC includes the arguably best teams in the league. However, if you're criticizing CBS' coverage of the AFC, then I have to agree.
And if it helps, the Goose was no better as a local radio personality in Indy back when he played for the Colts. At least he's not gone downhill.
Post a Comment