Sunday, November 26, 2006

VW Rocks, But Will I?

So in anticipation of my new job* starting in a couple weeks (and the impending non-public transportation friendly commute) I purchased a car this weekend. It is a Volkswagen. And if you have been watching television, you know that I inadvertantly purchased this as well.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with this.

I could donate it somewhere, I suppose. I could also try to sell it on ebay. Or, at age 31, with no prior musical training in any instrument nor any known inclination towards music, I could try to learn how to play it. Of course, since my amp will be my car, practicing in my complex will be a little awkward.

I have 8-10 weeks to figure this out. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to let me know.

*The new job is pending a background check and drug test. However, if I fail the background check, let's just say that not only I but the FBI will have some serious questions about how the check was conducted. So, on 12/11, I should be joining BP America.

4 comments:

zesty said...

...It comes with a guitar? And the amp for it is in the car?? Fascinating.

If you need a place to stick it, lemme know. It will sit nicely with my bass guitar.

MattL said...

Cool. Have you been practicing apologizing for global warming?

zesty said...

I had dream last night that you, Lewis and Renkey were in the streets of San Francisco playing the guitar for money.

You dirty hippy.

Brian said...

I've already told Chris he should go buy the guitar tab books for Tom Petty and the Smashing Pumpkins. What I wouldn't give to see Close belting out "Mary Jane's Last Dance" or "Disarm" at the foot of his driveway while plugged into the VW......Embrace Your Fast!