Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Catch Me Ridin' Dirrrrrty............

Mainly I posted because I just couldn't stand to see "Malted Vomit" on top of this blog any more. I couldn't help but conjure a visual image of what that must look like, and it just made me ill.

Oh, and as part of my current project, my team is conducting "user observations". The goal is to watch cops do their job in the field and then come into the precinct house, to see how, when, where, and why they would use the tool we're developing for them.

So, Thursday, I will spend the day roaming with New York's Finest as they patrol in the territory of "The 7-9", reputedly NYC's toughest (aka most crime-ridden) precinct. The 79th Precinct encompasses a 1.2 square mile patch of land in north Brooklyn that is more popularly known as Bedford Stuyvesant, or "Bed-Stuy". Among Bed-Stuy's notable alumni are Jay-Z, Notorious BIG, Big Daddy Kane, Mos Def...and Lil' Kim.

Will report back (possibly with pics, if the cops allow me to take them).

Oh, and I'm getting outfitted with Kevlar for this particular mission. Sh-weeetttt.

1 comment:

Brian said...

FYI, the precinct observation has been postponed till January....