Went to see the Wizards Friday night at the MCI Center against the Clip Joint. I have the following observations to report:
1. The Wizards are actually pretty good, and in fact entertaining to watch. This is a long way from the sad sack team that you used to have to watch in addition to your favorite team. Of course, since my ticket was free, I can't say that they were worth the price of admission. But I think I would think about buying a ticket some day.
2. The $6 beer fraud - I have no illusions about how ridiculously expensive beer will be at an arena. However, I do expect price- and size-parity by seating level. My tickets were on the 200 level, whose concourse has some really interesting food options and a $6 solo cup of beer (prob. 12 oz. or so). Contrast that to the main level that has more pedestrian food options and a $6 cup of beer that is closer to 20 oz. Somehow the man is keeping the 200 level down when it comes to beer.
3. NBA arenas, turn down the volume. Please. I can't hear myself think in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment