Occassionally thoughtful observations on theoretically interesting topics
Thursday, June 03, 2010
The Tavern
Memory failing...were people allowed to smoke in the Tavern while we were in school? I know they were allowed to smoke outside the McKinley Building, but I can't remember if people were allowed to smoke inside anywhere.
I recall a floor on Hughes where smoking was allowed indoors. Ah, good times...filling the hallways with smoke.
I can't recall, but it seems like there was a smoking area in the Tavern freshman year or so. There's a [false?] memory of people being outraged when it went away. Bet Sunil would know. Or Todd. He always remembers crap like that, and probably enjoyed rubbing it in to the smokers.
Josh -- you are right and wrong. Smoking in the Tavern was outlawed the year you came to AU. Previously, it was allowed. When AU banned smoking in the Tavern, it was something of a controversy. As we all know, AU made a big deal of the "international" environment at AU, and a lot of the international students, who smoked, complained that AU was making it increasingly unfriendly for them to be there.
3 comments:
Negatory, good buddy.
I recall a floor on Hughes where smoking was allowed indoors. Ah, good times...filling the hallways with smoke.
I can't recall, but it seems like there was a smoking area in the Tavern freshman year or so. There's a [false?] memory of people being outraged when it went away. Bet Sunil would know. Or Todd. He always remembers crap like that, and probably enjoyed rubbing it in to the smokers.
Josh -- you are right and wrong. Smoking in the Tavern was outlawed the year you came to AU. Previously, it was allowed. When AU banned smoking in the Tavern, it was something of a controversy. As we all know, AU made a big deal of the "international" environment at AU, and a lot of the international students, who smoked, complained that AU was making it increasingly unfriendly for them to be there.
Post a Comment