Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For those of you...

...who might be Glenn Beck aficionados, and think he might be scrawling the truth across his blackboard, consider this. In Forbes magazine, in a cover revealing the extent of his ever-growing media empire, Beck revealed his true self, saying, and I quote, "I don't give a flying crap about the political process. We're an entertainment company." Beck has discovered the obvious truth that appealing to the worst instincts in other human being is lucrative to the tune of a $32M bucket of cash...........

1 comment:

MattL said...

I doubt I'd consider myself an aficionado. Most of what I've heard from him sounds about right, though. I guess the main place where I'd part ways is some of the conspiratorial innuendo. Frankly, I'm not sure that most liberals have enough self awareness and critical thinking capacity to understand what they're doing.

But to respond directly with your post, what would the Malt Shop be without ad hominem?

I think this is he article you're referring to. I think that most people don't really care about the "political process." That's basically inside baseball stuff that doesn't really affect most people day to day. But in the lead paragraph, there's this quote:


"What I'm trying to do is get this message out about self-empowerment, entrepreneurial spirit and true Americanism--the way we were when we changed the world, when Edison was alone, failing his 2,000th time on the lightbulb."


Which gives a little different spin than you put on TFA. But what's next? Will you tell me that Rand Paul expects to be paid when he's in the Senate?