Question: Where will Brian be on Saturday, July 16th?
So a few months ago, the Red Sox cashed in on the obsessive loyalty of its fan base by creating "Official Red Sox Nation Membership". The capitalist in me admired the move, but the fan in me despised it. After all, membership in Red Sox Nation (RSN) was something earned by decades of loyal, often suffering fanhood...
...not purchased by a $10 fee and signified by a cheesy plastic card with one's name on it.
Did I pony up with the hope that it would yield some concrete benefit? God-damn right I did.
Today, it paid off.
Lately, scoring Sox home game tix has been near impossible. How impossible? Like keeping Professor Weinberg away from lovely undergraduates while he's hepped up on goofballs....
But yesterday, I received 24 hour e-mail notice of a 1-day, RSN-only ticket sale for all 2005 Red Sox-Yankees games. Today, I scored two tickets in the right field bleachers on Saturday, July 16th, when I will see the Red Sox battle the Yankees during what will undoubtedly be another tight pennant race. Add that to the 2 Red Sox-Os games at Camden Yards, and the 9 Nats games I have season tix to, and I AM IN BASEBALL HEAVEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment