Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vacation, Day 1


3 comments:

Robert Spuhler said...

Hey - I know that place...

Brian said...

Rob,

So tell me -- have Colorado fans always been bad about being baseball fans? Wednesday night, the park was barely 25% full, and Cherie and I basically walked up and purchased tix 7 rows behind 3rd base. I couldn't believe that a team just 2 years removed from the World Series had such a paltry attendance! And, the fans who were there barely paid attention the game!

Robert Spuhler said...

Brian -

In short: Yes.

In long: Why on earth would one support a franchise that, two years after an amazing (lucky - let's face facts) run, decided not to match offers for the best player the team has ever had? The Rockies brass is as dedicated to having a winning team as the Clippers front office. So on a Wednesday night, I'm not at all surprised that good tickets were easy to get.

In addition, much like Washington DC and some other cities, one franchise has kinda sucked up all the oxygen (no elevation jokes, please). It's a Broncos town, full stop.