My PM arrived late to work this morning and missed a meeting that he had scheduled with our team. This is the 13th time (that I can document) that he's either arrived late, left early, or suddenly had a need to be out or work from home in the last 3.5 months. That's nearly once a week.
Earlier this afternoon, I informed him that per my analysis, and in significant part because he has failed to appreciate and act on the urgency of certain client-side delays, our project is now 2 months behind schedule, with further delays likely, and, unless drastic action is taken, will miss profit projections by 8 percentage points.
His response? "I bought a bunch of cool things this weekend, but I rented a trailer from U-Haul to get them to my house, and now have to return it to where I got it in Rockville. So, I'm packing up and getting out of here."
The time? 1:50 p.m.
Now that's what I call leadership.
2 comments:
No wonder you guys can't stay in business. :P
Jesus chapin, I've seen you load and unload a trailer and it's magical. You should've offered to help him out and he could have been back to the office by 4.
Post a Comment