Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Meow, meow, meow, meow...

I am currently the Deputy Project Manager on a project for my employer. This morning, I received an e-mail from the Project Manager, titled, "I'll call in, but please start without me". He was supposed to be attending a meeting with me and several other colleagues.

In the body, it continued, "All, my son's cats got out last night, and we've spent the night looking for them. We did find one, but the other is still on the loose. We saw her several times around midnight, but have not seen her since. We've been out looking this morning since first light."

Later, when my PM had not shown up at noon (and we were supposed to be prepping for a 1330 meeting), I called him, expecting to hear that he was either walking in the building or would be there shortly.

Instead, when he answered, he told me that he was in the middle of climbing a tree because "we've looked everywhere else."

He eventually made the meeting, then left as soon as it was over to go back to "cat-hunting."

When my boss asked where the PM was, I tried to tell him, but I couldn't stop laughing. It was so absurd, it I hadn't laughed, I would have cried.

1 comment:

Manda said...

HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!