Day 1: Hunt for cat and skip work for all but 1 hour of the day;
Day 2: Hunt for cat and skip entire morning.
Also Day 2: Write a ten paragraph letter about the details of the cat hunt to our entire team, trying to justify being out of work.
Day 3: Leave work at 1:30 to resume cat hunt.
Excerpts from the 10-paragraph message:
"One of my son's girl friend's Sorority sisters visited for pizza on Monday night, and left the door open when she departed. That's how this all started. Needless to say, she probably won't find us so welcoming the next time she decides to stop by. She is living down to the stereotype, unfortunately."
"Taking the cat's point of view, I found myself crawling / walking through large concrete drain pipes under the roads around here - it is amazing how connected everything is via these drain pipes."
"I just hope she didn't use the under the road drains to move south into the Fair Oaks commercial space and Hyatt hotel across the road - too many people and cars, and the chances of survival there are not good."
"According to our research, this is an extremely rare intelligence. She uses many voices to express herself, and there is almost a language in use as we understand what she wants by the way she speaks. This is the smartest cat I've ever known."
"My wife is driving in from Chicago today, and will keep up the search tomorrow while both (name removed) and I get back to work."
"This is considerably more than I suspect you want to know, but I felt that I needed to explain why I'm spending this time, in this way, instead of being at the office. I'll mark the time as vacation days. It is just something I have to do."
And no, I didn't make any of this up.
2 comments:
Yeah, and this is just the latest in a string of bizarre incidents. Last week, he decided not to come in to work on Friday. His excuse was that all day Thursday, his pickup truck was "barely drivable", and that it "bucked" and "made strange noises" and did other odd things, so that he needed to spend all day Friday working on it.
Except:
a) when telling this tale, he apparently forgot that he had me take a ride with him in the truck for nearly an hour Thursday morning for another reason (he wanted to have a confidential conversation with me), and that the truck appeared to ride both quietly and smoothly -- not once did it have even the slightest hiccup
b) when driving it with me, he didn't mention a single problem with it while driving the car with me sitting right next to him;
c) whatever happened to working on the car on Saturday? The guy had several options for getting to work without his truck, not the least of which is a son who lives with him who has his own car and could have given him a ride.
He is just a weird dude. The sooner we find a way to get rid of him, the better.
Well, hopefully his google-fu is on par with his cat searching skills. You haven't taken off early for a softball game or anything lately, have you?
Post a Comment