Thursday, May 08, 2008

What was that I had said about Obama being "Reaganesque"?

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks so...see George Will's quote below from his most recent column. The entire column can be found here.

"McCain's problem might turn out to be the fact that Obama is the Democrats' Reagan. Obama's rhetorical cotton candy lacks Reagan's ideological nourishment, but he is Reaganesque in two important senses: People like listening to him, and his manner lulls his adversaries into underestimating his sheer toughness -- the tempered steel beneath the sleek suits."

2 comments:

zesty said...

"My fellow Americans, I've just signed legislation outlawing Hillary forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

MattL said...

I will concede #1 (people like listening to him), but I'd like to see some evidence to back up anyone "underestimating his sheer toughness." It's only very recently that the mainstream media started looking at him in anything remotely resembling a critical manner.

I generally like reading George Will, but you have to be careful. This is a guy who likes the DH.