This weekend, I drove up to Connecticut for the umpteenth time since October to visit Cherie. I actually had a wonderful time -- I'm just tired of the drive.
Anyway, on Saturday, her sister and brother-in-law came from Boston to visit, and we went to dinner at the Melting Pot in Darien, CT. As an aside, the Melting Pot is possibly the world's most over-priced restaurant. The base "per couple" price for our meal was $96, and that was before substitutions, drinks, etc. And this for a restaurant where the patrons do their own cooking using fondue. Ridonkulous.
Anwyay...when we left the restaurant, it was 50 deg. F and pouring rain. 45 minutes later, when we arrived home, it was 34 deg. F and freezing rain was coating everything in sight. One hour later, the temp had dropped another 10 deg., and it was snowing hard. By the next morning, 8 inches of snow covered the ground in Danbury. Last night, it was 9 deg. F. I hate winter.
The good news is that Mr. Caton confirmed his emergence from seclusion on our blog this week. Tim -- you should post an actual article. Contact Close for particulars. And how the hell are you?
3 comments:
Who freakin' knows. I am caught in a very difficult business situation, as my customer organization essentially fell apart in November when its Director left, and the person in a position known as the "Site Lead" got demoted because she sucked so bad. So, the government asked me to assume the Site Lead duties on a temporary basis -- but the end of the "temporary" position keeps sliding into the future. Now they want me to stay in the position until this summer, when another gov't employee returns from Iraq. So, I need to figure out a middle ground between leaving right away and leaving this summer. What a pain in the ass.
Wow you go down the nostalgia route and look what you find. How are you all doing? Hope you remember the coolest Indian guy you ever met.
Post a Comment