Saturday, January 07, 2006

Chris' Tenleytown Adventure

Observations from time spent in Tenleytown - daylight time, that is - today:

1. Remember at Camillo's when we first started going there - Camillo at the first chair, Joseph (RIP) at the second chair, an extremely tall Hispanic guy in chair three, Diane at the next chair, and Dante in the corner? Well, a few years back, the Hispanic guy just disappeared. I thought he must have opened his own place or something. He was back today - and they stuck him in the room that used to be used by the old lady who would dye another old lady's hair.

2. Walked around AU today for the first time in ages. Was pleased with what I saw. First of all, the Kogod and Batelle buildings look very impressive. Nice, even. Second, they did a very nice job with the intramural field - seems like they redid the baseball diamond too. I think they tore down one of the buildings overlooking the field, but I can't be sure. Overall, campus looked better than it ever did when we were there - and it wasn't even after a clean-up day before prospective freshmen arrived for a visit.

3. Watched AU play Lehigh with the Bad Lieutenant. Don't worry about taking a Friday off to watch AU in the Patriot League championship game this year. AU only excels at one thing on the basketball court - turning the ball over.

No comments: