First, where are you damn slacker posters? This is turning into the Chris and Brian Show!
Second -- I want to be Bronson Arroyo -- could there be a bigger f'in rockstar in Boston? Actually, there could be - - his name is Theo Epstein -- I want to be him, too. More on this in Part Two of my post. On with Part One....
This weekend, Cherie and I flew up to Boston for a Red Sox Weekend. I had previously procured tix to the Friday night and Saturday day games between the Sox and the Yanks, as well as the Saturday night charity concert known as "Hot Stove, Cool Music: The Fenway Sessions".
First, let me say, the Monster seats live up to the hype. They're perched right atop the Green Monster. You have a a great view of the entire field; you also have a swiveling barstool chair with a small table in front of you; you have your own beer, sausage, and ice cream stands atop the Monster; and you can drop things (preferably sharp or heavy) on Hideki Matsui's head. Nice. And the Monster Dog? It's as big as you might think. Yum.
Second, I was present for the 17-1 drubbing the Sox dropped on the Yanks. What a game. Wells pitched a gem, and the Sox hitters absolutely erupted all over Yankee pitching. Big Papi smacked a grand slam, Johnny extended his hitting streak, and all of Boston partied in the streets afterward. This more than made up for seeing the Sox drop the next game, 7-4. My record this year as a fan is 3-1. I've seen games where the Sox won 8-0 (Wells shutout), 1-0 (Clement shutout), 17-1 (Wells 5-hitter), and lost 4-7 (Clement Implosion). Not bad.
End Part 1....
No comments:
Post a Comment