...so this post originally began as a rant about how domesticity blows. It seems to empty my wallet more every day and drain my already low "free time" account.
...but then I went to Best Buy and discovered that Fall 2004 means DVD Heaven...and my sould was assuaged.
Just a few of the DVDs available for you boys to check out this fall.
1. Dazed and Confused "Flashback Edition" -- 15 starters, 22 lettermen...lookin' tough." "That's what I love about high school girls -- I get older, they stay the same age." Need I say more? Here are a few of the features: English DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround; Audio commentary "Class Reunion" style with director Richard Linklater (hope this means with some of the actors); Nine Never-Before Seen Deleted Scenes; The Blunt Truth (one site calls it a Mock Institutional Filmstrip On The Dangers Of Partying); Retro Public Service Announcements -- probably similar to the Blunt Truth.
2. Magnum, P.I. Season One -- one of the greatest television series of all time begins its journey to DVD...Magnum, Higgins, TC, Rick, Mac, Icepick, the Ferrari, Hawaii......
3. Clerks X -- A special 10th Anniversary Edition of Clerks for those of us Kevin Smith fans...has one of my favorite "Angry Man" lines of all times -- "Try not to suck any d*** on the way to the car!"
4. Diff'rent Strokes, the Complete First Season -- Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?!
5. The Star Wars Trilogy -- Yes, I know it's full of changes that none of us like -- but still -- the fight between Vader and Skywalker in Empire Strikes Back; the Death Star trench run in Star Wars; the three-way battle between Skywalker, Vader, and Palpatine in Return of The Jedi; all this and more in glorious crystal-clear video and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround. I'll be at Best Buy on September 21!
6. The Untouchables, Special Edition (Oct. 5) -- a fun gangster flick with one of Sean Connery's best ever performances (for which he won an Oscar).
7. 40th Anniversary -- Dr. Strangelove -- or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb -- one of the best films of all time. Peter Sellers and George C. Scott in a scathing satire of the Cold War mentality.
8. Top Gun, Special Edition (Nov. 16) -- the roar of jet engines in 5.1 sound. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment