Thursday, December 02, 2010

My daughter looks like a Conehead/Head Trauma survivor......

I can't write this on Facebook, so I'll do it here:

My daughter looks like a Conehead. Or a Head Trauma survivor. Or a mix of both.

A couple of weeks ago, she suffered a series of violent and unexplained convulsions while sleeping. The convulsions went on every 30 seconds for about 6 hours between 9 pm and 3 am. She's been to the hospital and to see a neurologist. Since the first episode, she's suffered only maybe 1-2 more episodes -- much less violent, much shorter in duration. The neurologist wants to get some data on her brain waves...so...

Today, Cherie took her to have a portable EEG strapped to her body. As part of the process, they piled all the hair on top of her head and placed electrode leads all over her scalp, then wrapped it all in white gauze. When I walked in the door from work, I was immediately struck by her appearance. I had to stop myself from blurting out to Cherie, "What the hell is this? She looks like a Conehead!"

I took some pics, which I may or may not publish here.

No comments: