My aunt Joanne, who I wrote about in my last post, died yesterday. She was having surgery to address some cancer-related issues and suffered cardiac arrest while on the operating table. Apparently, when they opened her up, they discovered that the cancer was raging much, much worse than they'd thought previously. She'd have been gone within weeks or months if not for the sudden arrest.
Joanne suffered some truly bad beats during the last decade of her life, but I'll be damned if I ever saw her without a smile on her face (more on one of those bad beats in the next post). She was incredibly sweet to Cherie, the kids, an me, and I'll always be grateful for her kindness and generosity. Selfishly, I also wouldn't mind if next year we didn't suffer 3 cancer-related deaths in the family within 7 months. It's a little tough to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment