It has occurred to me several times over the past few months that next February will mark the 10th anniversary of Russ the Bus booting the gentleman of 4319 44th Street from their long-time living space. Though my IQ and general decision making declines precipitously when I return to Tenleytown, it seems to me that a reunion-type gathering is in order.
I've already talked* to the current owners of 4319 and they've agreed* to let us rent the house for a week for 1/4 *of what we paid monthly in 2000. I thought that was very generous of them and immediately accepted*. I'll collect the $300 from you later.* It'll be great to be back in that place.*
Boo also was ok* with our return for a week though he will be on vacation*. I also managed to track down* the owner of the building that used to house the Malt Shop. He agreed to open the building up for us - we can't bring alcohol there but there are some kegs left over from before the old place left.* I figured that's ok because it has to be better than the current Malt Shop.+
Things are in motion. So, start thinking about setting some time aside next February for a trip to DC. Since all of you seem to be moving to the area anyway, you won't have much excuse for not making it.
*Not even close to being true.
+Sadly, true.
1 comment:
February? February? That's ages from now! It looks like I'll be back in Illinois come late September, surrounding Audrey's birthday, which coincidentally is on the same day (the 29th) as her maternal grandmother's. So, be on the lookout for a BW3 invite coming to your inbox.
Post a Comment