Little things in life count. When I was living in DC, a little annoyance was that you couldn't get a decent hot dog there. Now that I'm in the Chicago area, it's not a problem - order the char dog.
Of course, now that I'm out here, I have been denied a Five Guys cheeseburger since aught-six. Fortunately, our long national nightmare is at an end. Five Guys is coming to Chicago.
Though the quality of the place certainly must be diminished from when it was just a few stores in DC to now more than 330 places, I will be there as soon as they open.
5 comments:
I saw one on my way up to Santa Monica a few weeks ago, and it blew my mind.
Five Guys is here in Connecticut, too. One just opened up about 5 minutes from our house. And there's one about 20 minutes away. Of course, now we're moving back to the original home of Five Guys. Yum.
They've made it into Georgia. I've been to one in Atlanta, and in Brunswick. You can't swing a cat without hitting one around DC. The quality seems to be holding up pretty well, in my experience.
I should also add that when they've opened in these places, the locals have told me, "Hey, there's a great new burger place that just opened..."
In my experience the quality is undiminished by expansion.
Noelle and I have actually kicked around the idea of opening one in Syracuse. Though I imagine our angel investors have probably dried up and blown away at this point.
Post a Comment