Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Undercover Brother

This is both amazing, and hysterical. A few snippets from the article:
The 7-foot-1, 325-pound center was recently sworn in as a U.S. deputy marshal . . .  "I put a lot into it, and when I am done playing, I plan on going undercover and then being the sheriff or chief of police somewhere, either Miami or Orlando, I don't know yet," O'Neal said recently.
Once my laughter subsided at the idea of ole' Shaq doing anything undercover ("I dunno, jefe. He looks like Shaq . . ."), I came to this brilliant piece of understatement from Miami Beach Police Chief De Lucca:
"He'd be a great undercover guy. Obviously, we're not going to send him out to buy dope, but he can do surveillance, he can do Internet crimes."
Again, laughter aside, I'm always impressed with this guy. He's the kind of guy I'd like to buy a beer. Sweet, sweet beer . . .

No comments: