Monday, April 18, 2005

Wilbon's Response

So Close and I went to the Wizards-Celtics game the first week of April. During a break in the action, the Wiz trotted out the "Senior Dance Team" -- composed of senior citizens dressed in black trying not to break a hip while breakin' some moves. Since Chris and I had a view of the press box from our seats, the best part was watching the journalists contort in fear and disgust -- including Chicagoan/Washingtonian Michael Wilbon. I posted a question today during one of his live chats at the Washington Post online, and I've posted his response as well....

Arlington, Va.: Mike:
How do you think the activation of Brendan Haywood will improve the ability of the Wizards to advance past the first round of the playoffs and do some damage in later rounds? And, how'd you like that Senior Dance Team during the Celts-Wizards game? Could see you and Aldridge from my seat in Section 102 and thought I saw you frozen in fear!

Michael Wilbon: I say "frozen in fear" about sums it up! Brendan Haywood, if he can give the Wizards 8-10 points and 9-10 rebounds per game it will give the Wiz a huge advantage over the Bulls, their likely first-round opponent. I like the way Haywood has come along this season. I really, really, really like the way he has played. I like the way he got in Kwame's face on that west coast trip...He could factor in very large in the first round, especially since the Bulls are without Eddy Curry. And against Miami, clearly Haywood's contribution is critical.

No comments: